Tuesday, July 10, 2012

View From The Bridge 7/11/12


“VIEW from the BRIDGE”
By Muncie
7/11/12

NOW I KNOW SOMEONE READS ME
Oh yes, Perry Stupey reads the “View” on the back page before he reads the front.  It was so comforting to me because I was not hearing from any families who have family members in the service of our country at this time. Nor have I heard from the many who have said they have photos of Veterans, who are not up on the Memorial Wall at the Sunrise Bluffs.  Nor have I heard from the person who wrote a heart warming thank you note to those who did any service during WWII. Nor have I heard from the person who gave me the “Wear Red on Fridays,” flyer.

However, Perry read about Maggie, the woman who is writing about steamboats, and wanted to get in touch with her. He is into steamboats, having built one a few years ago, down at the Fair Grounds.  He was going to travel the Missouri to St. Louis, as his father had down years and years before. What he did do was complete his vessel and sweep up the loveliest widow in Fort Benton and sailed away in the sunset.  That is the long and short of it.

To get on with the story…I gave him Maggie’s e-mail and he was to contact her with the wealth of information that he has on steamboats.  Perry and wife Juanita, subscribe to the River Press even though they are Snowbirds.  There are times Perry that we wish we were with you during the long winter months.  However, we cannot complain about last winter.  It probably was one of the nicest winters anyone remembers.  The only complaint was that snow in May that froze garden items and most fruit trees.  Well, there is always next year. 

SOMEONE ELSE WHO READS ME
Later Friday afternoon I stopped at the Country Shoppe to visit with whoever was there minding the store.  I like to look at the new art pieces even though I have a gallery of my own in our home.  Emma was there with her two grandchildren.  Emma beamed the moment I walked in and said, “Look, I am wearing red today.”  Can you imagine how thrilled I was that she read about wearing red in the View?  So…WEAR RED ON FRIDAYS TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.

TALKING ABOUT TROOPS
Darcy Morger Grovenstein will be in Fort Benton with her husband, Glen and two of her three boys. The oldest, Whitney, just returned from Afganistan where he flew an Apache helicopter.  Emory is still in training in Washington state and possibly deployed in November.  I think I heard that correctly on the phone today.  Zeke, the Marine, was deployed to Afganistan twice.  He was injured the first time around, spent some time in the States and then redeployed.  He was at home in Prescott Valley, AZ but had to return to Camp LeJuene and could not make the trip to Montana with the family.

If you see them around town, be sure to say hello and if it is Friday, WEAR RED.

BE BACK WITH YOU A.S.A.P.
I will be out of town for the next few weeks.  I do not think I will be near a computer and I do not own a laptop.  I would hope that you miss me as much as I will miss all of you.  At least the one comfort I will enjoy is being in air-conditioning every day of the oncoming heat wave.  Please keep Wally and I in your thoughts and prayers and we will be back soon…fit as a fiddle and ready to dance.  He has forgotten that I do not dance.  I have two left feet and that does not work on the dance floor.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS.  WEAR RED ON FRIDAYS. SPREAD THE WORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment