Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A View From The Bridge 10/19/16

VIEW from the BRIDGE
By Muncie
10/19/16

CHRISTMAS CONCERT
Who knew? The Methodist Church members started a Bell Ringing group and will perform at the Christmas Concert. I am really going to love that. I cannot remember the last time I heard a Bell Ringer Concert but it has been too long. I wanted at one time to join a group but now at my age I am afraid that I would mess up big time. I’ll just sit back and enjoy. Much appreciation goes to those of you at the Methodist Church who participates. I know that involves many hours of practice. GO BELL RINGERS!

CHOIR
A get together of all of “singing in the shower people” for a choir is in the making. In two months they should be ready for the Christmas Concert.  Again I will really enjoy what they put together.  In my opinion, that is what makes the holidays really meaningful. GO CHOIR!

WELCOME TO FORT BENTON
There is a new Pastor at the First Christian Church and at the Methodist Church. This past Sunday there was a farewell breakfast at the Catholic Church for Father Willie as he is going back to India his homeland. A replacement has not yet been announced.

I say welcome to all our newcomers. I am looking forward to meeting the new Pastor and family from Indiana as I know that state well from my travels. It is a beautiful state but of course not as beautiful as Montana. I enjoyed reading about his getting the Pastor assignment and saying that his father always wanted to live in Montana. (There must be more to that story.)

I have met the new Pastor at the Methodist Church at the Golden Age Senior Center at Sunday dinners. I’ll have to talk to her about where she came from and how she ended up in Fort Benton, MT.

C.C.P.A.
Next Monday is the first performance of the season. I know that I have mentioned it several times but I will just once more give you a little reminder. It will be Pub night at the Ag Center due to the fact that the Fort Benton Elementary auditorium was not available that evening. It begins at 7:00 p.m. on Monday the 24th and I guarantee that you are going to love every minute of the Beverly Belles. See you there.

WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA
I know this program in honor of Veterans is in December but please arrange for your loved ones wreath now. Just do it before the holiday season rolls around and it will not be a priority. Our Veterans are a priority when it comes to honoring them.

I read that there are 300 Veterans graves at our Riverview Cemetery and the American Legion would like every one of their graves to have a wreath. Even if you do not personally have a Veteran in your family or that you know donate for one you do not know or that no one else knows.

Bring your children to the ceremony to teach them about what the Veterans went through and gave their lives for.

BARK FEST
I was really impressed last Saturday afternoon when Randy took me to the Ag Center for this event.

My goodness! The work that was put into it was mind boggling. The silent auction tables were loaded as was the tables with live auction items.

If you were hungry there were hamburgers right off the grill and delicious beans that were improved with added ingredients that tasted like cowboy beans. There was cool lemonade and adult drinks at the bar.

There were carnival games like the ones at the Chouteau County Fair for the Kiddos. (I played them too.) There was a 50/50 raffle. There was a band for your entertainment.

The cutest thing was Shannon Walden standing outside when we arrived, with the cutest dog up for adoption. She wasn’t there when we left and I assume that it was adopted. I never saw so many dog lovers in one place before. I attended the fund raiser last year and it was held at the Dedman building. I can see why they needed a larger place for this year’s event.

9 PUPPIES
Do you remember a few months ago there were 9 puppies up for adoption? I know 5 of the owners and would like to know the other four. Randy’s puppy, Cream, would like to get to know her brothers and sisters for a birthday party next summer. Lindsey Gibson said she would visit from Kansas City for that party.

If you want to be on my list of adopters for a doggie-get-to-get her, please call me at 622-3217.

CREEPY CRAWL
There will be no Creepy Crawl this year. It was such a fun event. I even managed to get Dracula teeth this year to go with my costume and now I will have to wait until next year. It will be sorely missed by me and my daughter who comes from Great Falls for the occasion.

Not many Kiddos show up to Trick or Treat anymore. When I first moved here 23 years ago we had over 100 Treat or Treaters come to the door. (They were always taken aback when I told them they had to sing for their treat.)

It has dwindled a lot over the years and last year I think I saw 8 spooks. I miss them but am happy that there are Halloween parties at school and churches now. It seems much safer that way.

FUNNY QUOTES
Since I ran out of Observations, I went to the internet and found Funny Quotes. At this time with elections looming in the near future I thought this one was very timely. “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” By Mark Twain

PLEASE GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, THOSE WHO PROTECT US AND WEAR RED ON FRIDAYS.
I would like to see the American History class at the schools go forward with this Wear Red on Friday’s program. Your Longhorn shirts are mostly red so that counts. When there is no longer a need to wear Longhorns shirts, push for Wear Red on Friday’s. We have to let them know that we support them. Just thinking about them, praying for will have to do for now. You could write letters to Servicemen. You could support the new Grace House in Great Falls for homeless Veterans. You could bake a batch of cookies and drop them off at Grace House. You could visit and chat with them. Many will not want to talk about the war experiences but perhaps some may open up about what they went through.

What goes around comes around so it is said. Perhaps a visit would help support you in understanding what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment