Tuesday, November 29, 2016

View From The Bridge 11/30/16

VIEW from the BRIDGE
By Muncie
11/30/16

CHOUTEAU COUNTY COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
Just a few days left until another exciting weekend in Fort Benton and all our friendly neighboring county cities begins. Bring all your family and friends and support this fun event.

CHRISTMAS CONCERT
For me the best part of the Christmas season is the Concert that has been on the Chouteau County Performing Arts program for many seasons. Our local talent is the greatest and it really adds the spirit to the season.  Santa also comes to visit and that makes it really special for the kiddos.

It is another of those special times and performances that the auditorium at the Fort Benton Elementary School will have every seat occupied. It takes place next Sunday afternoon so see you there.

THE MOON
Well, here we are, tomorrow is the last month of the year and the last description and date of the full moon. The Almanac says that the December Moon has 3 names, Full Cold Nights and Full Long Nights Moon. During this month the cold fastens its grip and nights are at their longest and coldest. (I wonder if that will come about.)

It is also called the Moon before Yule. The term Long Night Moon is a doubly approved name because the midwinter night is indeed long and because the moon is above the horizon for a long time. The midwinter moon has a high trajectory across the sky because it is opposite a low sun. The full moon is on Wednesday the 14th.

I would like to tell you what is my favorite happening in December. The days start getting longer on the 21st. I have had about all I can stand of this getting dark so early. I want to be outside and being able to see what is going on for more hours than 8 or so.

BIRDS
I have been living here at the Sunset apartments for almost 5 weeks now. I have 5 bird feeders out, filled, and ready for my little friends. I have not seen one single bird yet. There are lots of trees in the area but no signs yet of any activity.

There was a woman who lived at the apartments directly behind the Sunrise Bluffs and she used to feed the feral cats. She moved away a few years ago. I wonder if the birds stopped flying in this area because of the cats. I have not had any sighting of any feral cats here as yet. I miss my birds and hope that when it turns really cold, they will find my feeders at my new address.

FLAG AND GREEN LIGHT
My brand new American Flag and the Support our Troops green light bulb were installed this past weekend. I can see a couple of green lights down the block and a few American Flags.

When you go by my place toot your horn and think about those Service Men and Women who won’t be home for Christmas this year.

BE KIND
This past week on the World News there was a story about school children spreading the word of “Be Kind.” The Kids learned about each other’s lives and the shoes they walked in.

Kindness was in and bullying was out. How about doing one act of kindness a day?  It could change the world.

FUNNY QUOTES
“I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus, underneath the milestone last night.”

GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, THOSE WHO GUARD US and WEAR RED ON FRIDAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment