Wednesday, November 20, 2019

View From The Bridge 11/20/19

VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE
BY Muncie
11/20/19

HELLO WHO #1
I am now calling you “Who #1” because in the last few weeks I have a “Who #2,” and a “Who #3”. By contact this past week I found “Who #3”. She wanted me to pass on to you, Who #1, that she is not trying to interfere with your dedicated decorating. She just thought that because she has so many decorations, she could add a little to the hollow tree.

On my way to downtown on Friday morning I could see that all the Halloween decorations were gone. When I returned an hour later the fall decorations were back. Now I am confused. Did “Who #1”, or “Who #2”, or “Who No. 3”, redecorate the tree? I am really confused at this point but it doesn’t really matter?

I had wanted to write that if “Who #1” does not decorate for Thanksgiving this week, then I will be sure she no longer wants to volunteer. I truly hope that I have not lost you. I’ll be watching the hollow tree with great interest. Please respond somehow.

MT SPORTS REPORT
To both the football and volleyball teams I would like to say how proud the whole town is of your accomplishments. You provided Fort Benton with the most excitement about sports, than it seems, for a long time. We love you for all of your efforts, the time you spent practicing, and just in general for all you do.

I knew a week ago that it would be a tough game in Fairview. With three starters injured the week before, our chances were limited. Three players out of 8 unable to play is a great obstacle to overcome.

I was not able to listen to the game because I did not have the proper radio coverage. However, I quickly learned what was happening because of friends who have smart phones or could listen to the game.

Regardless of the outcome, I want to say again how proud we all are of the teams and we love you no matter what.

BINGO
If you have been looking forward to Turkey Bingo it is a happening on SATURDAY the 23rd at the Club House at 7:00 p.m.  This has always been a very well attended event so get there early. Have dinner and then enjoy an evening of Bingo.

The next regular Bingo night will be December 2nd. The last game of this year will be 12/16/19. The next schedules will be in 2020 on January 5th and 20th. It will be here in a blink of an eye.

SO VERY DARK
I am being cheered up by friends as the days continue to grow longer. That is my “Happy Day.” I long for those late warm evenings when I can take a walk along the Missouri. I love seeing the ducks and geese building their nests along the river bank and then the ducklings practicing their swimming. I love it when everything turns green and leaves appear on the trees.

I’ve saved all of those memories for this time of year. Actually, there is so much going on that I hardly have time to think about winter. They are listed below so put them on your calendar and see you there.

CHOUTEAU COUNTY COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
I know that the schedule was worked on two weekends ago. Pick up a flyer at most of the businesses. All takes place on Friday 12/6/19, Saturday 12/7/19, and Sunday 12/8/19. Pass this news along to your family, friends and neighbors.

BRIDGEPORT STATION
ON Saturday December 7th, the Bridgeport Station event will be at the Agricultural Center in Fort Benton. You can do all of your Christmas shopping there and whatever you give as gifts will be treasured forever. The reason for that statement is because I have found over the years that crafted gifts are such a treasure.

Even though I’ve moved to a smaller space, I have kept my Bridgeport treasures. I know the hours that go into those hand-made gifts. You can add to your collections or start one for your children, and grandchildren.

I always think of Leone Cloepfil and her hand painted ornaments. I have the whole collection plus some extras of the old house and she did a covered bridge for me.

I miss you Leone, not only for your beautiful work but seeing your smiling face at Bridgeport.

SHONKIN
Their rep. called me about their plans for the CCCC. It will be on Saturday the 7th at the Community Hall. There will be many vendors and huckleberry breakfast rolls (yummy). There will be a children’s space to buy gifts for a $1.00 or less.

The biggest attraction will be the sleigh ride, (weather permitting,) at the Lacey Creek Farm. They have 4 of the most beautiful Clydesdale horses and a sleigh ride is truly a Christmas tradition. If there is no snow, it will be a wagon ride instead of a sleigh.) You can find directions to the farm at the Community Hall.

COMMUNITY BUS
Did you read the article in the River Press about the Community Bus making a run to Great Falls every week until Christmas? I checked with Kellie) and she verified that they would try to schedule that. However, there will be no trip to Great Falls on Tuesday November the 26th and December the 3rd. Please call Kellie to reserve a seat on the bus.

And remember…the drivers are all volunteers. Could you give up a Tuesday twice a month to drive the bus? Or…could you give up a Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to drive around town? Even when I could drive, I could never have contributed what those volunteers are doing.

Thank you, Vicky, Jeff, and Nancy, for your kindness. You always do a good deed every day that you drive.

CHOUTEAU COUNTY PERFORMING ARTS
The next Chouteau County Performing Arts performance will be the Christmas Concert. It is December the 15th. It will feature Wylie Gustafson. NOTE…It will be at 3:00 p.m. on that Sunday afternoon 

Wylie is a well-known western singer around Montana. He will be singing Christmas songs and some of his own most popular Wild West songs.

SCHOOL CONCERT INFO
 The Fort Benton High School Band and Choir will perform a Christmas Concert on December the 16th at 7:00 p.m. in the Elementary School. Please put this date on your calendar and sticky notes all over the house to remind you to attend.

The Fall Concert lacked an audience. The readers of the River Press were made aware of this from a letter to the editor.

Yes, we should be ashamed of ourselves. These young people work so hard and we need to let them know that we appreciate their efforts.

So, on Monday December 16th, I would like that auditorium to be packed with parents, grandparents, students, teachers, friends, neighbors, and tax payers. What a wonderful way to wish the community a Merry Christmas. It would take the place of many days of doing a good deed.

I did not attend the Fall Concert. I no longer drive and it would be too dark to GoGo to the school. However, I will get to the Christmas Concert if I have to crawl on my hands and knees. (Now that may be difficult because I cannot kneel down.)  I do know that after my friends read this View, I will be offered a ride. Thank whoever for being my friend. See you there!

MOST IMPORTANT…BE KIND, DO A GOOD DEED EVERY DAY, AND GET LOTS OF REST SO YOU WON’T BE CRABBY.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, POLICE OFFICERS, FIREMEN AND WOMEN, AND EMT’S. HELP THEM COPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment