Wednesday, January 6, 2021

View From The Bridge 1/6/21

VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE
By Muncie
1/6/21

I WONDER
How long will it take me to stop writing 2020 instead of 2021? If you have conquered that habit will you let me know?

BEST STORY EVER
Ever since our Editor and Owner of the River Press, Bethany Monroe DeBorde, became a Mom last May and I have been asking her to put a picture of Shelby in the paper.  That did not happen.

On January 2nd Connie came to visit and showed me a video on her smart phone of Shelby. Bethany had picked up the mail and stopped at the office to drop off the mail that belonged there.  Bethany placed the mail on Shelby’s lap.  Shelby was in her car seat and she immediately picked up the River Press and began jabbering. It looked exactly like she was reading the paper.  (It was of course, The View from the Bridge.)

I have never seen anything so adorable. I asked Bethany if she would put a picture near the View so you could see this beautiful 71/2-   month- old. (They will keep the River Press in the family for years to come.) 

HELLO FROM MARGE
Marge Wood called me on New Year’s Day to wish me a Happy New Year. She wanted me to pass the good wishes along to all of her friends in Fort Benton. She misses her Church and volunteering at the Bomb Shelter on Saturday mornings. She also did some time at the Research Center at the Ag Museum.

Marge is a Veteran and we have much to thank her for. She now resides in the Veteran’s Home in Columbia Falls. She still has a subscription to the River Press.  We miss you too Marge. Stay in contact.

FULL MOON
Were you able to get sight of the full moon on December 30th.  I love the way it lights up entire area. It is just like daytime. You could read the River Press by the light.

BISCUITS AND GRAVY BREAKFAST
What a treat that was on New Year’s Day. Randy picked up my breakfast at 9:00 a.m. and brought it right over to me. It was still hot enough to eat immediately. 

Who is the good cook at the Ambulance Barn? Whoever, you are the greatest. That was the best B & G I have ever had. Would you mind doing that every Sunday morning? (It’s a joke Friends.)

BINGO
I was just informed that Bingo is postponed until further notice. 

I heard the story about a woman who went to Bingo for the first time, the last one in December, and she won the $100.00 prize for the coverall or blackout, or whatever you call it. 

Now, that is not easy to do. You have to get so many numbers in so many numbers. I know, I am confused too.  

The very first time I went to Bingo, someone won the big one. It does not happen very often. Now, the person who won the big one will have to wait a while before getting back to the Club House for Bingo games. 

WEATHER
We sure cannot complain about the weather. It seems more like Fall. I wonder if Mother Nature is confused. What I am concerned about is the Spring will be like Winter. Guess we just have to wait and see. Is that the first Christmas that we did not have snow?  I don’t have a Smart Phone to check that out. At least I know it was the first since I have been in Fort Benton for 27 years.

COVID-19 JOKE
This is the day dogs have been waiting for. They realize their owners can’t leave the house and they get them 24/7. Dogs are rejoicing everywhere.  Cats are contemplating suicide.  (Sorry about the cats. I actually love cats and have had 2 in my life. When I was a little girl, I used to bring home stray cats every time I found one. By the next day they disappeared. I wonder what my Dad did with them?

As for dogs, my Dad did bring a dog home one day. A week later it was done because it had dug up half the yard.  On the plus side for my Dad, he did buy we 3 girls a pony that we had for 8 years. I finally got to the point that I could no longer ride because I had grown a lot and when I sat on Ranger my feet touched the ground.  Can you picture that?

BE KIND. DO A GOOD DEED EVERY DAY. WEAR RED ON FRIDAYS TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. PLEASE WEAR A MASK, WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN, AND WALK 6 FT. BEHIND THE ONE AHEAD OF YOU.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, POLICEOFFIERS, FIREMEN AND WOMEN, FIRE FIGHTERS, EMTS, AND ALL THE FRONT LINE WORKERS. THEY ARE ALL ANGELS.

If you have any cute stories about your children, grandchildren, family, and friends, please call me. I’m in the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment