Tuesday, August 27, 2019

View From The Bridge 8/28/19

VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE
By Muncie
8/28/19

LOCAL NEWS
Hi Readers. I am asking you to please call me with bits of news that is happening around town. I do not do Facebook or texting. I usually report on events after the fact. I learn a lot from the articles in the River Press.

I would like organizations to let me know two weeks in advance of events they are planning. It does not hurt to have the info in two places.

My phone number is in the phone book. I do not put phone numbers in the View any longer because the person, who does the Fort Benton website with the View, doesn’t think it is wise to list phone numbers. Since the View goes international, phone numbers won’t be listed. (I think it protects your privacy but I am not sure about that.)

I would like news about family reunions, your interesting vacation trip, and any other Fort Benton stories.

I do hear from folks who used to live here but had to move for one reason or another. They like to hear about Fort Benton happenings and so let us, (you and me,) make their day when they receive the River Press or view it on the web.

FORT BENTON ROCKS
I found another rock in my yard this past weekend and it says “Be Kind”. That is the whole purpose of starting Fort Benton Rocks.  Remember, “Practice Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty”.

The latest count of participants on Facebook now numbers 193 as of Monday the 26th. It is going by leaps and bounds. “Are you in good hands, or rocks, or paint?” Hiding rocks sure sounds like lots of fun. A lot of that was done last weekend.

The one who has the most fun hiding the rocks that she painted is 5- year- old Olivia who started this whole project. GO OLIVIA!

CHOUTEAU COUNTY PERFORMING ARTS
On Tuesday last week about 10 or 12 volunteers spent several hours doing a mailing for CCPA (Chouteau County Performing Arts).  The mailing was a flyer listing all the programs for the 2018 & 2019 year. Please put it near your calendar to remind you not to miss a single performance.

It is going to be another great year so thank the board members who have worked long and hard on bringing you the best shows possible. You do not want to miss a single one.  If you do not think that you would like one of the programs then loan your ticket to a family member, a friend, or neighbor. You will them have a friend for life. It is a very good way to spread the joy of music to everyone.

Randy will still be at the Farmer’s Market each week to sell seasons tickets. He still thinks that the one who sells the most tickets is going to win a trip to Hawaii. Please do not tell him that is not a true story. He may not work so hard selling tickets and he is the best at it. GO RANDY!

ACCORDION BAND
It is Sunday the 25th and I just returned from the Sunrise Bluffs. The Accordion Band is a group of musicians who volunteer their time and talent to entertain retirement homes, nursing homes, churches, and any other groups that contacts them. They come to the Bluffs a couple of times a year.
       
The notice they were going to be here was received too late to announce it in the River Press or the View however about 20 music lovers were in attendance. There were also 3 couples who took advantage of the dance floor.

It poured rain and was still raining when the music ended. I always have my “Mary Poppins” umbrella and it actually was enjoyable to ride home in the rain.

The bank said they hoped to give us notice earlier next time they plan a trip to Fort Benton. I would like to see twice as many folks there especially dancers. They are such fun to watch and make it a more enjoyable event. GO DANCERS.

FIRST FOOTBALL GAME
Can you believe that school begins this week and the first football game is Friday. Oh, where did the summer go? I know. We actually had a very late summer. Perhaps it will stay warmer for a while longer before you know what happens.

LIONS GARAGE SALE
Have you gathered up all your good “I don’t need anymore” stuff for this upcoming sale. They began last week to picking up your donations.

As the time gets closer there will be more ads in the River Press so watch for time and place. This event for the Lions Club is another successful project for their many projects to benefit the community. Only you can make this a bigger success by your donations.

You all were so generous for the Fair Ground parking project making it a huge success. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I love being a Lioness. I love being with those hardworking volunteers. They are a strong influence on all they come in contact with. Come join us.

VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE
There have been times lately when I think that I will have to give up writing the View. Just about the time I have made up my mind, I have people come up to me and tell me that they read the View every week. That was so true this past week at the Farmers Market when a Hutterite man told me that he reads the View first every week. I do not think that I thanked me enough but he will read it this week and that it made my day. All of you readers are so kind. You all deserve Fort Benton Rocks.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, POLICE OFFICERS, FIREMEN AND WOMEN, FOREST FIRE FIGHTERS, AND EMT’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment