Wednesday, September 11, 2019

View From The Bridge 9/11/19

VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE
By Muncie
9/11/19

LIONS CLUB YARD SALE
Come on down to the Chouteau County Fair Grounds next Saturday, the 14th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for biggest, best-est yard sale in the area. It is held every other year so there has been a great accumulation of goodies waiting to be taken to a loving home.

It looks as though the weather will be holding at “nice” so you can shop in comfort inside the building.

The Lions Club does so much good in the community thanks to the generosity of all of you. Our heartfelt thanks go out to you. Come on down to the sale so we can thank you one on one. See you there.

FORT BENTON ROCKS
On Friday the 20th, Backroads of Montana will be filming in Fort Benton. Do you remember a few years ago when they did the “Wayne Hampton” story?

Backroads is returning to do the Fort Benton Rocks story. The Crew plans on being here on Friday and Saturday. Of course, I know that you will give them a Fort Benton welcome.

What I know at this time is that they will be at the Chouteau County   Library where there was a class for painting rocks. They will also be covering Front St. and other places where rocks were hidden. I just hope for good weather for a successful shot. (I think that is what they call it.)

There is on the internet a site called Montana Rocks. There are several other towns that are painting and hiding rocks. The purpose is to spread “KINDNESS”. It must be spreading all over the United States.

The program came to Fort Benton trough Tracy Larson and her 5-year-old Olivia. (I call her Princess Olivia.)

They were alerted to the program from the state of Virginia where they came from 7 years ago. What a bonus for us.

I’ll keep you informed as soon as I can but in the meanwhile the excitement grows.

HELLO “WHO”
For those of you who are new in town, there is a Hallow Tree across the street from me next to the Community Garden on 22nd St. A year ago in October there appeared a pumpkin in the tree, in November a snow man, and in December a Santa. I cannot recall what happened in January but in February for Valentine’s Day there was nothing and so I took up job of decorating. I also decorated for St. Patrick’s Day. For the Easter holiday the tree was decorated but no one would admit to doing it. I began to call this person “Who” like in who done it. To this day I still do not know who “WHO” is. End of story.

As of today, the Hollow Tree is looking very sad after I removed the red, white, and blue decorations. They have adorned the tree since Memorial Day. They remained for the 4th of July and Labor Day but now it is time for fall decorations.

Will you be around soon “Who” in the dark of night to decorate the tree? You have always done such a wonderful job and you must be a very great decorator. I will be looking forward to waking in the morning to see the tree in all its fall glory. Please do not disappoint me and everyone else who will enjoy seeing it decorated. GO WHOEVER YOU ARE!

If any of your readers have a clue, would you please let me know? I am actually willing to offer a reward. Thank you very much.

STUNG AGAIN       
I was stung by a bee again while on my walk last week. I was in the vicinity near the swimming pool on the walking trail. Ouch! I saw it fly away and I think it was a bee. I tried every remedy I had in my medicine cabinet but nothing worked.

After a couple of days, I got a suggestion from a dear one of the family that she got from her neighbor. It was to use the disinfectant that is all over town to use on your hands to kill germs. It works. (Just thought I would pass it on in case the bees have found someone else to pick on or rather sting on.)
And, where were you Joann Streit when I needed you? Of course, it is a good distance from where you live to come spray the whole Walking Trail. I forgive you but next time I walk you will have to follow me and or stay in front of me. What do you think of that plan? I know! Just forget the whole thing.

If you remember I was stung 3 times while collecting parking tickets at the Chouteau County Fair last year. This year at Fair time, the Lions Club bought me a clip-on repellant for my safety. Also, Randy had the pipe removed that the wasps had their next in. The third caring person was Joann Streit who sprayed the area around the Front St. entrance to the Fair grounds. I am repeating this in case you missed the story a few weeks ago. Thanks again to all.

THE CIRCLE
The area at that location looks dismal these days. The Freeze is closed and the pine trees in the circle have been cut down. It was been expected for a long time because the trees were dead. I know that they will be replaced but it will be a long while before they are of any size. In the meanwhile, try to remember how beautiful they were. Be grateful that they didn’t fall of their own accord and injure someone.

I love trees so much and losing those pines was like losing a friend.

BE KIND.

WEAR RED ON FRIDAYS TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, POLICE OFFICERS, FIREMEN AND WOMEN, FOREST FIRE FIGHTSTERS, AND EMT’S.

No comments:

Post a Comment